In order for Manitoulin Golf (MG) to have the adequate time to implement the necessary procedures and systems to best protect our golfers and staff, during this Covid-19 pandemic, we have decided to open (course only) on Tuesday, May 19th.
Our key objectives are to maintain physical distancing and minimize contact points/transmission.
When possible, we will have staff greeting arrivals in the parking lot to help with orientation and explanation of the new rules & procedures.
We also plan to introduce course marshals to monitor safe practises on the course.
As an incentive to new golfers MG will be offering free rental clubs at least until the end of June.
1) In order for golfers and staff to be permitted on MG property they must be able to declare upon each arrival that the following is true;
– I have not traveled outside Canada in the past 14 days.
– I am not currently experiencing any of the following *symptoms; fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
– I have not knowingly been in contact with anyone with the above *symptoms in the past 14 days.
– I have not knowingly been in contact with anyone with presumptive or confirmed Covid-19 diagnoses in the last 14 days.
2) Golfers are to maintain physical distancing. Minimum of 2 metres.
3) All tee times must be reserved. Preferably prior to arriving at the golf course. At this time tee times can be booked between 8am and 6pm.
4) Payment in advance is also preferred. We are now set up to accept e-Transfers (email@example.com), and of course payment by credit over the phone is available. The e-Transfer is auto-deposit so a security question/answer is not required.
5) We need to ensure that there is not an opportunity for congestion and to make it easy for golfers to maintain safe distancing. Tee times will be a minimum of 15 minutes apart and if you arrive early you can go to the practise green, if available, or you are to remain in your vehicle.
6) If you need to go inside the clubhouse, a maximum of 2 people will be allowed in the clubhouse at a time.
7) Bulk items, such as scorecards, pencils, T’s, etc. will be issued by clubhouse staff (wearing PPE) when desired.
8) For use of the washroom facilities there will be designated entrance and exit doors.
9) Two golfers will only be permitted on a power cart if they are from the same household.
10) Golfers are not to remove pins, and not to remove their balls from the holes with their hands. There will either be short holes for easy access, or a raised cup.
11) On the course there will be no benches, rakes, water coolers, ball washers, or divot mix on the greens
What MG will be doing to protect our golfers;
1) Golf carts and rental clubs will be sterilized after each use.
2) The washrooms will be sterilized frequently throughout the day.
3) Clubhouse staff will be wearing necessary PPE.
4) Sanitizers will be available for sale.
Manitoulin Golf is a 9-hole course located in a pastoral setting 5 minutes south of Gore Bay. Opened in 1980, the course has had 40 years to mature into the challenging layout it is today. Rated at 69.6 from the red tees, the par 36 course offers multiple sets of tees at each hole, and alternate tee decks on #2 and #8. You can play 18 holes and enjoy a completely different looking back 9. With two par 3’s, five par 4’s, and two par 5’s you’ll use every club in your bag. The north end of the course is characterized by rolling terrain that was formerly grazing fields for farmer’s cattle and lends a links-style feel to the holes. The parkland-style south side of the course is surrounded by hardwood forest. Adjacent to the clubhouse you will find a putting green and practice net perfect for warming up before beginning your round. A full-service restaurant offers dining in the air conditioned clubhouse, or out on the large patio surrounded by colourful gardens looking out at the 9th green.